DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

I have had a mole on the side of my head since I was a baby.

Customer Question

I have had a mole on the side of my head since I was a baby. I noticed about 3 years ago a skin tag growing on it and just today got a haircut and had it slightly cut. I just want to make sure it is ok
As you can see it is red cuz it was cut with clippers on accident
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 5 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Yes, this looks fine.

I'm not worried about it

It should heal

is this helpful?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am just concerned about the mole. Like never having a skin tag now if u look you can see it sticking out in the photos. It has had this skin 3rd at for 3 years but didn't have it before. I just want to make sure it doesn't look cancerois
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Skin tag**
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It could even be a skin tag from the mole getting cut a while ago from clippers. Idk it just never looked like that when I was a kid
Looks benign to me. Worth getting a second look when I heals but I think you are okay
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Another pic. It looks like hair is like in it. Or that could be dried blood. Idk.