Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Id like second opinion on my case been having eczema for…

Hello, id like second opinion on...
id like second opinion on my case
been having eczema for almost two years in my hand ( fingers only) ,, and doctors keep perscribing diprogenta for me ,, which i used ,, it heals ,, then few weeks later it returns,
the problem now is ,, not just eczema,, my fingers are getting swollen,, and like fluid filled,, which diprogenta also healed but .. its still re occuring,
i went to see another doctor,, and now he said there is fungal infection as well,
so at the moment he perscribed to use the following:
fucidin antibioic "orange strip" in the morning and at night i would mix fucidien with canestene and travocort cream and apply at night .. for a week and then come back to see him,
plz note that im already on fucidin now day and night for a week ... and about to start another week with mixing the two creams at night
please advice with second opinion
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/29/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo on this page for me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
here you go

Got those--thanks

And how is the fucidin doing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
dont feel any difference
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the doctor was saying.. the fucidin ointment for only to give a protective cover just incase

OK

This isn't fungal and it isn't typical eczema

It's called pompholyx or dishydrotic eczema

I personally would treat this with either tacrolimus or picrolimus cream

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is it contagious?what could be the cause?if fucidin is not helping can i just stop it?and could fucidin im using now cause fungal infection,, since its antibiotics?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
would giving the current antifungal cream mixture a try.. harm ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can i use moisterizer ( frangrance free) .. or should keep the area dry ,,

No, it's not an infection and it's not contagious

The fucidin won't help and the anitfungal mixture--while you can try it--won't harm or help. The moisturizer is fine

As for the cause--we simply aren't sure anymore than we know the exact cause of other skin disorders like eczema and dermatitis

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thankyou for your feedback
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will speak to the doctor again

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice