Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatologist How do I treat atopic dermatitis? Anything…

Dermatologist How do I treat atopic...
Dermatologist
How do I treat atopic dermatitis? Anything better than elidel. The elidel costs a fortune.
4/23/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

There are a lot of cheaper options

ask your doctor for triamcinolone.

It is cheaper and effective

is this helpful?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that a steroid?

yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hard to use long term -any pills effective?

No, not at all.

safe long term

pills are anti histamines

zyrtec and claritin work well

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

welcome :)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor