How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 46937
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had two cuts on my penist that will not heal. They

Customer Question

I have had two cuts on my penist that will not heal. They are the result of herpes lesions. I'm on maintenance of valcyclovier twice a day to keep from reoccurring outbreaks. I've refrained from sex and master nation for over two months and they just keep reopening. I've been using medihoney and sometimes aloe.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes and I'm in good shape, however I'm hiv poz but I've been undetectable for years
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry you are having cuts that won't heal

are you having morning erections? this sometimes can keep tissue from healing on the penis

you need to increase the protein in your diet and eat more fruits and vegetables which can help your nutrition and help you heal better when you sleep.

you are getting treatment for your HIV?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do have morning erections on occasion. I've been on HIV medication for years with no issues and I'm undetectable. It's a non-issue. I was just making you aware for drug interaction purposes since I'm taking a one-a-day Complera. What would you recommend over-the-counter or something I can get a prescription for when I go to the clinic. I have abstained from sex and jerking off for 2 months. The I had sex to only have it reopen. I'm on the verge of seeing a plastic surgeon to get this damn thing healed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

i would ask for MediHoney to help the skin heal and epithelize.

I have had good success with it for my patients in healing skin wounds under pressure

you may have to get it at a wound care clinic

or you can get it at Amazon

I would go with the Calcium Alginate Dressing

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll down to see the ratings area in blue

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using