Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

About a year ago, I had a freckle that swelled up and itched…

About a year ago, I...
About a year ago, I had a freckle that swelled up and itched a lot. We were short handed at work, so I couldn't get to a doctor and by the time I was able to take time off work it had healed. Last week it got itchy and turned red again, but now it's healed over. Most of the dark skin was scratched off and now it just looks like a scar. Could it be cancer? Should I worry about it?
1/29/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo on this page for me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It use to be a dark freckle.

Got it--thanks

No, not cancer

This is a totally benign keratosis and nothing to worry about

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will it come back again?

No, it won't

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks