khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Raised border, with crater like indent on shaft. Was just

Customer Question

Raised border, with crater like indent on shaft. Was just and off color years ago. Now it seems more of a border and a noticeable itch, seems to have gotten bigger and more bothersome over the years. Have tried a steriod cream before. No money at the time to see a specialist,am I at the point where it is a must go situation?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Second photo is other bumps that seems to go and come over a period of time have never caused an issue. I feel like some dissappear with time and some newer ones show up as well
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also the edges seems edges get very dried out, where on the border I can pick off some white skin, or it kind of seems scaley in a drier environment
Expert:  vakularen replied 8 months ago.

Hell,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Have you been tested for herpes/HSV1 and HSV2?The first photograph is suggestive of lichen planus/genital herpes and the other photograph is of a fungal infection .It would be prudent to discuss this with your PCP and get checked for lichen planus/herpes and treated for the fungal infection .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've been checked yes i do have hsv1, but this bump has never went away for about the 3 years now.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have the one that is cold sores of the mouth sorry can't recall of that was 1 or 2

I am sorry but this seems very much like a Herpetic lesions ,it would be prudent to rule out the HSV2 or genital herpes.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hmm, ya I've had a few tests done. Before, the thing is i has never went away. Doesn't change, bleed get bigger or smaller it's just always there. My doctor thought it was a granuloma annulare, and gave me a steriod cream but little change happened. Another mention was basal cell carcinoma maybe,any thoughts.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You seem pretty sure about linchen planus as well. What's the treatment of that, and us it contagious.

I suggest that you see a dermatologist at the earliest.This needs to be diagnosed and treated properly at the earliest.Delaying matters will just make it worse,the lesion suspected to be granuloma annulare needs to be biopsied and treated,as also the hepretic appearing lesions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What the treatment for a fungal infection?

Local antifungal creams and oral antifungal drugs are used.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That's why I am here to get a second opinion as stated in the question no insurance, was looking for a second opinion and thiught before going into major debt

I would suggest that this really needs to be tested for HSV2(Genital Herpes) at the very least.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I guess I'm juat very confused with it staying and never leaving from anywhere from last 3 - 5 years the has never came and gone and came back again
Expert:  khagihara replied 8 months ago.

They both look like lichen planus. The latter one is called annular lichen planus. Topical corticosteroids or topical calcineurin inhibitors are often used in the treatment of genital lichen planus.