Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have been taking Anastrozole for the past six months,

Customer Question

I have been taking Anastrozole for the past six months, after breast cancer that had not spread to the lymph nodes. The tumor was found to be estrogen positive. Three days ago I started having a terrific headache (right side) and the skin on my forehead and face became very sensitive to the touch. Then I broke out with a rash on my forehead, which I am attributing to Herpes Simplex. I have had many cold sores on my lips throughout my life brought on my sun and sind, but never an outbreak on my forehead. I am wondering if this is a side effect of Anastrozole.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

While some of this could be from the Anastrozole, to have it start up six months after you started the medication would be unusual

That said, you should have your doctor take a look at this since the herpes may start to involve your eye and I would treat this with acyclovir

Please let me know if you need any more information Kathy