Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I was wondering how to potentially get a picture looked at

Customer Question

I was wondering how to potentially get a picture looked at to determine what symptoms are that I am experiencing? Thanks
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No medications, and no doctor either.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not anything related I don't believe
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Could you attach the picture?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is a small bump on shaft that has been there for 6 months. One or two have also appeared in that time

Is this firm or soft to the touch?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wondering about how long to expect a response back. Thanks!

I already asked whether this feels firm or soft to the touch.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pretty firm. The other few that have appeared have been smaller and did not last very long. I believe they appeared slightly after receiving oral sex, but also dry masturbate
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
also have visited a masseuse frequently after an injury

A firm bump of this appearance is most likely some fibrous tissue. It could have started as local trauma to the skin during sex or oral sex, and then fibrous tissue was placed.

It is possible that an early genital wart can look like a small firm bump, but it would typically have advanced over 6 months when they are present for this length of time. There are also frequently small black dots in a wart, which I do not see in this lesions, even with magnification.

To promote healing, it is important to not scratch, pick, or rub the bump. Topical application of vitamin E oil can help.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When you say advance, could you be more specific as in the one would expand into like string of multiples, or that a single spot would appear in various places (not connected..). Are there any reasons you believe I should get tested for gential watts? And any home remedies? Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay. And would you recommend seeing a physician based on photo, or could I be safe in assuming not an std and will just need time to clear?

It can advance either by forming multiple lesions or by the one lesion getting larger. The multiple lesions are frequently close to each other, but they do not need to be.

If the bump improves with the vitamin E oil that I noted above along with avoiding any scratching, rubbing, or picking, then it is not necessary to be seen. If it does not improve with these interventions or starts to worsen, then it would be appropriate to be seen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well it hasn't really changed in six months for better or worse, and I am skeptical a topical cream will heal in a week or two. I guess I wanted to know that if it someone resembles gential warts in the photo, I'd like to go in as soon as possible to avoid spreading, further complications.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, just hoping you can address my 12:55 comment about your final expert opinion of photo, and that's my final question/comment. Thanks again

Any bump om the penile shaft could be a wart, although the appearance looks like it is more likely not a wart. However, even if it is a wart, it is not as simple as going to get treated to avoid spreading the virus that causes the wart. Almost everyone that has been sexually active with multiple sexual partners have been infected with HPV at some point, even if they never manifested visible warts, and it spreads whether there are visible warts. So, getting rid of visible warts does not eliminate the risk of spreading the virus.

Is there any further information that would be helpful?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is applying the vitamin e oil a standard process?
And are pimples a possibility?

Topical vitamin E is common for fibrous lesions. If it were soft, then it could be an obstructed sweat gland, which would be similar to a pimple.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.