Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a sinus infection and took video and a fluconazol pill…

I had a sinus infection...
I had a sinus infection and took video and a fluconazol pill had an allergic reaction I thought was from the video it has been a little over a week so hives are gone and so is itching. I haven't gone back to dr yet. Decided to take the other fluconazol just so I don't end up with yeastinfection from antibiotic by face is turning red and I am getting hives will it be OK to just take benadryl. I guess it has been the fluconazol causing my reaction
Thanks
Pam
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2016
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi Dr Mo here, please give me a moment to reply.

Benadryl is safe and it will help a lot of with the symptoms.

Moving forward don't take fluconazole anymore since you are likely allergic to it.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Andi definitely will not take it ever again thanks for the quickresponse

You are welcome.