Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My skin seems to be vetting worse as I get older. I have

Customer Question

My skin seems to be vetting worse as I get older. I have often breakouts and thousands of ingrown hairs that hurt so much .
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are having skin problems. Ingrown hairs can be caused by shaving, especially with an old razor or blade, blocked pores (oil glands) from soaps or lotions that you apply to your skin.

Can you send pictures?

Bacteria can also cause a Folliculitis (infected oil gland on skin). This may require applying an antibiotic cream to the areas involved. If this is a consistent problem, a visit to a Dermatologist is appropriate to determine if an underlying problem like eczema is contributing to this problem.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

How are you feeling? Have you tried my suggestions?