Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I'm wondering if there is some type of OTC medication I can

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I'm wondering if...
Hi Pearl, I'm wondering if there is some type of OTC medication I can use for Paronychia
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not, and I'm flying out of the country on vacation on Friday. I've had paronychia before, but this time the cuticle is also receding Medications: Microgestin FE X1daily
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no ma'am
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
11/8/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 1 year ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

You can try an antibiotic oinment like Neosporin or Bacitracin and that may clear up the problem. You also need to wash it well with mild soap and water.

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice