Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have been having a problem with mild cystic looking acne

Customer Question
Hi, I have been having a...
I have been having a problem with mild cystic looking acne for the past couple of years. I am a 24 yr old male and have been to multiple consultants and given over the counter treatments without any luck. I am currently in my 5 month of taking 100mg doxycycline tablets and applying strong Duac cream nightly but they are no longer taking effect. I wondered if I could get some advice on something stronger.
Many thanks,
Tom
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
11/3/2016
Dermatologist: dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 1 year ago
dr abid
dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Thank you for your question ...

I would suggest you , Isotretinonin , This medicine is reserved for people with the most severe acne. Isotretinoin (Amnesteem) is a powerful drug for people whose acne doesn't respond to other treatments.

Oral isotretinoin is very effective. But because of its potential side effects, doctors need to closely monitor anyone they treat with this drug. In addition to that , A variety of light based therapies have been tried with success. Light therapy targets the bacteria that cause acne inflammation. Some types of light therapy are done in a doctor's office. Blue light therapy can be done at home with a hand-held device.

You can have such options , please discuss with your dr for that .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please click on good rating .

Thanks .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

dr abid
dr abid