Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

What causes itchy lumps with pustules under the skin?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/3/2016
Dermatologist: dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 1 year ago
dr abid
dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Itchy Lumps in pustule in Female is commonly seen in females having oily skin and those who have acne .

Excess oily skin favors bacterial growth and develops lumps.

This need examination and treatment with Anti Acne creams and treatment please .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please click on good rating .

Thanks .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is NOT acne. Come on upper arms, lump size of dime comes under skin and is itchy
. In few hrs becomes red & hot then pustules form. Pustules will break open & drain clear fluid then scab over.
Several bumps may appear at on earth-lasting 3-5 days itchy hot and area is red
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My skin is very dry and scaly covered with freckles and brown spots very old I am 86 and was red headed. Some brown spots scale and flake and peel. These bumps are something new and have me worried. I've had several places of skin cancer removed and some places burned in the past. I have difficulty getting to a dermatoligest

Do you have fever , weight loss associated with such bumps ?

Regards .

dr abid
dr abid