Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Please tell me something that will prevent my acne. I've had

Customer Question
Please tell me something that...
Please tell me something that will prevent my acne.
I've had new breakouts every day, for about the past 27 years.
Usually 30-80 at any one time.
I don't remember all the things I've tried so far, but some of them are:
BENZOYL PEROXIDE
GLYCOLIC ACID and SALICYLIC ACID
KLARON
TRETINOIN (RETIN-A)
ADAPALENE (DIFFERIN) and TAZOROTENE (TAZORAC)
CLINDAMYCIN and ERYTHROMYCIN
TETRACYCLINE and OXYTETRACYCLINE
MINOCYCLINE and DOXYCYCLINE
ERYTHROMYCIN + BENZOYL PEROXIDE (BENZAMYCIN)
CLINDAMYCIN + BENZOYL PEROXIDE (DUAC)
ERYTHROMYCIN & ZINC (ZINERYT)
DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS, like ZINC, LYSINE, PROBIOTICS, WATER, CIDER VINEGAR, etc.
DIETARY RESTRICTIONS, like SUGAR, MILK, GLUTEN, CAFFEINE, etc.
ACID PEELS
ISOTRETINOIN (ACCUTANE/ROACCUTANE) 8 courses over a 20 year period. 20-60 mg
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NOT Rick, Phil, etc.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Serious and helpful expert only. Thanks!
11/3/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to

provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not

substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vqpp9UGC7htWiyu2FjEVkH9__caI9Up1lw/view?usp=sharing

Thank you very much for the photos that you have sent. Since you have tried all kinds of treatment available , I would like to ask you which is the best treatment among these mentioned that worked well for you ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
none

Have you done any surgical treatments till date ?

Any light based therapies ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no surgical treatments for acne except lancing.
sun-based light treatments; but the machine-based were access and cost prohibitive.

Thank you so much for the information provided.

Have you done any Salicylic acid peels ?How many have you done ? And the when is the last you have done them ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Salicylic acid a number of years ago. Since then, Glycolic acid. (last one was yesterday)

Thank you for your reply.

How many have you done ?

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist