How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 5367
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have these little bumps on my penis and in the pubic area

Customer Question

I have these little bumps on my penis and in the pubic area I have what looks like infected hair
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: I just went through basic training and I never noticed anything but I wore really tight underwear and was constantly sweating and they wasn't very good on hygiene And no pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope nothing at all
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.


Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have associated itching?

Burning urination?

Do you have history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?

Can you please share picture.

Waiting for your reply…


Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No itching or no pain at all and 1 time after basic
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.


Thanks for all these additional details.

I can understand your concern.

Well, from the description it sounds to be Folliculitis.

It arise from Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands and occur due to the fact that hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus.

Excess sweating/ wearing tight clothes could cause such condition.

It is a quite common issue, and usually would get resolve with home measures.

To treat this condition, You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain.

You can use over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream to affected area.
You can take Tylenol for associated inflammation, it can be taken twice a day.
You should gently wash the infected skin twice a day with antibacterial soap or apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment.
You can use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.
You should not share your towels or washcloths, and launder them in plenty of hot, soapy water after every use.

Usually such symptoms will get resolve in a week by these tips.

For peace of mind, please do get clinically examined from your doctor.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards