How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Stan Your Own Question
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 1822
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Stan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is this a std or herpes or anything

Customer Question

Is this a std or herpes or anything
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 9 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to see you have a sore on your penis. From the picture, you may have a STD particularly syphilis. It appears to be an ulcer type of sore. Please see your doctor or go to an Urgent Care Center for evaluation and treatment.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It does not hurt or anything
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 9 months ago.

A chancre from syphilis does not hurt.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Could it be something else
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 9 months ago.

It is possible, but unlikely. That is why I suggested being medically evaluated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But it does not look like herpes to you?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 9 months ago.

No, herpes does not occur with a single ulcer like sore.