Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a red lump on my penis shaft I'm worried it could be

Customer Question
Hi I have a red...
Hi I have a red lump on my penis shaft I'm worried it could be something I have had it for 2 weeks now and I think I made it worse because I squeezed it a lot.
Could I upload a photo make it easier to see
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Some puss did come out 2 weeks ago and I made it worse because I squeezed it a lot over last 2 weeks.. what is it?
10/20/2016
Dermatologist: DermDoc, Doctor replied 1 year ago
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Is it painful,itchy?

History of unprotected sex?

Have you tried any medications?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not painful or itchy I have had a few sex partners like 2 since I got it but not unprotectedI did shave before I got it not sure if it could be in grown hair.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tired no medications
What do u think it is

This lesion you describe can be due to folliculitis or infected boil etc.

You have most likely squeezed it and it got worse.

I think this should heal with some self care measures.

You can apply soframycin cream and betadine ointment.

Also neomycin cream it can be helpful.Neomycin, an antibiotic, is used to prevent or treat skin infections caused by bacteria.

I hope this helps

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you look at the photos aswell doctor ?

Yes i have seen the photos.

This look more likely infected and local antibiotic cream should be helpful.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you don't think it's any Std like herpes or anything ?

This don't look like herpes at all.I do think it should be better with antibiotic treatment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could I use hydrozole?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
doctor should I stop worrying ? So u definitely think it's not herpes because I'm really worried

Hydrozole treats fungal infections.I don't think it will be of much help.

This is not herpes.

You can find antibiotic for topical application like soframycin or neomycin at a local pharmacy OTC.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about any other type of Std ?So you definitely think it's a infected boil ?

I think you should treat it with antibiotic ointment and wait for few days before testing.

Probably you told above you had protected sex so i think you should not be worried about STD.

This is infected lesion ?folliculitis ?infected boil.

Treatment of both of them is similar and usually antibiotics are required.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you think I should get it tested or you positive it's not herpes or a std ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What you mean by infected lesion? Isn't lesion, herpes ?

I don't think this is herpes or STD.

A lesion is any abnormal damage or change in the tissue.

I think it is Bacterial infection.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so you think not to worry it's not herpes or Std and just put neomycin cream on it?And I don't have to get tested ?

Yes.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

DermDoc
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor