Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

I have Nail-Patella Syndrome. I am a 34-year-old female. I

Customer Question

I have Nail-Patella Syndrome. I am a 34-year-old female. I have been to numerous doctors in the US and in Germany about the red blotches on the palms of both of my hands and nobody can tell me what it is. These spots showed up in 2014 and have never disappeared. When one of the doctors pushed on my shoulders, they started becoming more apparent and turning blue/purple. I've also had Livedo Reticularis on my leg before and it has slowly disappeared over time. I still don't know what caused that.Thank you for your help.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They are not as prominent right now as they usually are. I also have had issues with my thyroid. Maybe it is related?

Thank you for your email.

I would like you answer a few queries :

Does it become more red or purple when it comes in contact with cold water / hot water ?

What is you ANA level ?

How do the red blotches bother you ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I didn't notice a change with cold water, but with hot water they become a little more apparent with a red color.I'm unsure about my ANA level, but have included my latest lab results.The red blotches are purely cosmetic and do not bother me. I would just like to understand why they are there and if they will ever go away.I don't know very much about Livedo Reticularis, but wonder if it could be related.

Thank you so much for your reply.

This seems to be just a feature of subset of hyperemia of the palms which is common and is sometimes related to livedo reticularis.

There is nothing much to worry about this as it does not signify anything abnormal.

It is purely cosmetic and does not have symptoms and is related to the vasodilatation of the blood vessels.

Do let me know if you have any further queries

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. :)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't select the stars for a rating above. What am I doing wrong? I want to give you five stars. Should I contact customer support?

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have released the ratings service application on your page.

Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Regards

Dr Pravin