Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I have a rash on my genitals that consists of raised bumps.

Hello! I have a rash on my genitals that consists of raised bumps. The rash does not itch and has persisted for two weeks now, despite my attempts to treat with antibacterial and antifungal creams.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not seen a doctor and am not taking any medications.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Is it possible for you attach a picture of this?

Are the bumps reddish in color?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am 28 and male. The bumps are a bit red and I have had some irritation of the skin around my scrotum as well. I have attached a few pictures. Thank you!

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply & for attaching those three pictures.I have seen them.

The symptoms you have described of having rash & raised bump on genitals since last 2 weeks can be due to folliculitis.It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.Swabbing the skin, then sending it to a laboratory for bacterial and yeast cultures will confirm the infection.

Less likely this can be due to genital herpes.Genital herpes is diagnosed by visual inspection if the outbreak is typical, and by taking a sample from the sore(s) and testing it in a laboratory.A sample of your blood or sore tissue or can be tested to establish the presence of HSV

As you have already tried antibacterial and anti fungal creams without any relief,you now need to make an appointment with your doctor for tests of STD to rule out any STD & then oral antibiotics or anti viral medications & other medications will then be prescribed accordingly.

So bot***** *****ne is that most probably this seems to be due to folliculitis but STD like herpes needs to be ruled out.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for staying online.

Most probably this rash/bumps on your genitals seems to be due to folliculitis but STD like herpes needs to be ruled out.

You will be prescribed with oral antibiotics once the infection is confirmed.

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I had bumps that looked like tiny warts all over my penis the first week, but they went away and now I just have a rash in the areas pictured. Is it possible that these symptoms (blisters that do not burst and form lesions) are typical of herpes? It had been a year since my last sexual partner. Thank you for your help.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,these bumps can also be due to genital warts.As you said that you had tiny warts all over your penis in 1st week & now have only rash ,although these are not typical for the herpes,but still there can be a low possibility of genital herpes or genital warts.

Warts are usually painless,small, flesh-colored or gray swellings in your genital area.Also Genital warts may go away on their own in about 10%-20% of people over a period of three to four months.

Only physical clinical examination & inspection can reveal the final diagnosis.So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor for the examination & then treatment will be treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh