How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4069
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Doctor please help me, there was some acne appears on my

Customer Question

Doctor please help me, there was some acne appears on my pubic area and on my penis almost two months ago it was one or two then it increased then I went to here and to the hospital and it was dignised as molluscum contagiosum the doctor prescribed Acretin 0.05% three times a week and avomack solution once a week, after I used avomack the skin start to remove like if it was burned, yesterday i start feeling my scrotum area itching me a lot then a sort of fluid or something start going out of it, i remember this happend to me when I was suffering from eczema 18 years ago. I'm so afraid and worry doctor please help me. Thank you
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  The Physician replied 9 months ago.


Welcome to JA

Skin disorders are best diagnosed by person who directly visualized it, so I am going to base my analysis and ultimate advise on the fact that the diagnosis has been established as MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM, however, I am inclined to suggest some other similar skin conditions as alternative diagnosis (called differential diagnosis)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you explain more please doctor.
Expert:  The Physician replied 9 months ago.

Firstly It is not surprising that it is spreading, because the virus that cause MC is highly contagious, so just scratching the lesion and touching another site WILL cause it to transfer to that site (hence the name contagiosum= contagious)

It is caused by a virus which is a poxvirus

it is similar to other pox viruses in that the 'bump' is full of active viruses

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Doctor the skin is getting out
Expert:  The Physician replied 9 months ago.


​I therefore treat it in a very special way

You need an OTC antibiotic cream on the ski around the area, and then use Aldera 0.05% cream directly on the bumps and also use an antiviral cream like Acyclovir cream (though no studies on this yet), but it has worked for my patients

Expert:  The Physician replied 9 months ago.

If the skin on the SCROTUM is sloughing, you may need to go back to the doctors, as this may be a serious infection (bacterial infection) called Fournier's disease

That will need oral antibiotics

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
exactly the skin on the scrotum is sloughing.
Expert:  The Physician replied 9 months ago.

Then start putting OTC triple antibiotic cream immediately and go to the nearest urgent care.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok doctor I will now, thank you
Expert:  The Physician replied 9 months ago.

Infections of the scrotum can spread very fast and because in ALL MEN it is particularly a dirty zone of the body because of sweat etc

It is important you treat it URGENTLY

It may be exactly one of the things I was going to say about treating MC. A SECONDARY infection, which is why I always add an antiniotic cream to the treatment of my patienst


Expert:  The Physician replied 9 months ago.

Remember to click accept


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks doctor
Expert:  The Physician replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for making it to JA

If you have any more clarifications even after the treatment let me know