Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Doctor please help me, there was some acne appears on my

Customer Question
pubic area and on my...
Doctor please help me, there was some acne appears on my pubic area and on my penis almost two months ago it was one or two then it increased then I went to here and to the hospital and it was dignised as molluscum contagiosum the doctor prescribed Acretin 0.05% three times a week and avomack solution once a week, after I used avomack the skin start to remove like if it was burned, yesterday i start feeling my scrotum area itching me a lot then a sort of fluid or something start going out of it, i remember this happend to me when I was suffering from eczema 18 years ago. I'm so afraid and worry doctor please help me. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
10/16/2016
Dermatologist: The Physician, General Practitioner replied 1 year ago
The Physician
The Physician, General Practitioner

Hello

Welcome to JA

Skin disorders are best diagnosed by person who directly visualized it, so I am going to base my analysis and ultimate advise on the fact that the diagnosis has been established as MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM, however, I am inclined to suggest some other similar skin conditions as alternative diagnosis (called differential diagnosis)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you explain more please doctor.

Firstly It is not surprising that it is spreading, because the virus that cause MC is highly contagious, so just scratching the lesion and touching another site WILL cause it to transfer to that site (hence the name contagiosum= contagious)

It is caused by a virus which is a poxvirus

it is similar to other pox viruses in that the 'bump' is full of active viruses

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doctor the skin is getting out

​So

​I therefore treat it in a very special way

You need an OTC antibiotic cream on the ski around the area, and then use Aldera 0.05% cream directly on the bumps and also use an antiviral cream like Acyclovir cream (though no studies on this yet), but it has worked for my patients

If the skin on the SCROTUM is sloughing, you may need to go back to the doctors, as this may be a serious infection (bacterial infection) called Fournier's disease

That will need oral antibiotics

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
exactly the skin on the scrotum is sloughing.

Then start putting OTC triple antibiotic cream immediately and go to the nearest urgent care.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok doctor I will now, thank you

Infections of the scrotum can spread very fast and because in ALL MEN it is particularly a dirty zone of the body because of sweat etc

It is important you treat it URGENTLY

It may be exactly one of the things I was going to say about treating MC. A SECONDARY infection, which is why I always add an antiniotic cream to the treatment of my patienst

So PLEASE GO AND SEE A DOCTOR

Remember to click accept

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks doctor

Thanks for making it to JA

If you have any more clarifications even after the treatment let me know

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist