Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I work with a junior on saturday mornings. She is fifteen

Customer Question
and refuses to go to...
I work with a junior on saturday mornings. She is fifteen and refuses to go to school. Says she is not being bullied but this has been going on for far too long. Her mum tried to get her to go back after school holidays and she refused to get out of the car even to the extent of locking her mum out of the car. It's becoming stressful for her mum (she is my boss) and the girl had a total meltdown yesterday. The doctor has put her on anti depressants and suggested talking to a psychiatrist. I'm wondering if it's one of her teachers. Do you think the anti Depressants will help? Also has a stress rash any suggestions on something over the counter that would help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/7/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

hard to say with this information

could be a psychiatric issue

could be a behavioral issue

could be due to abuse by one of her teachers.

hard to know without talking to her more directly and getting more answers.

hydrocortisone cream 1% twice a day can help decrease rash and itchiness. benadryl cream can help as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she won't say just that she's not getting bullied. We think she's acting up because her mum has let her get away with it but you can't tell with stress how your body reacts she seems happy at work. Serving customers that's the part I don't understand if she's shy customer service should help. I think she has no friends at school because her friend left and its started from then on. High school would be hard if you don't have friends especially doing different classes. But she will have to repeat if she doesn't go soon.

hopefully she can make new friends.

maybe she rather be working than in school.

some people are like that.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician