DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I found a bump on my scalp two days ago. I picked at it a

Customer Question

I found a bump on my scalp two days ago. I picked at it a bit and it's kind of painful. I don't know how long it's been there and I've had a lot of sun exposure.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you please attach a picture of the bump?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a picture. Top of head

Thanks for information

It seems like a localized infection in the area .Infection is likely originating from the hair follicle . I would suggest that you should apply Bactrim cream over the area . For pain you can take tablet Advil or Motrin. It is likely to get better in few days.In case if it does not improve in a few days do visit your doctor for an examination.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Are you with me ?

Do ask if any more question

Regards