How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 5303
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On my inner thigh I have a huge lump. It goes almost to my

Customer Question

On my inner thigh I have a huge lump. It goes almost to my knee up to my groin area.
I just noticed the other day it was sore, hot to the touch and sensitive.
Curious as to what it may be.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.


Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Is it soft or hard in nature?

Do you have associated pain?

Itching ?

For how long you have lump?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Can you please share picture.

Waiting for your reply…


Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hard. Sore to the touch. Several years. No itch
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.


Thanks for all these additional details.

I can understand your concern.

Well, this could be related with a growing infected Cyst.

Other possibility is- Cellulitis (infection of the skin and associated tissues).

It can also be growing nodule which has became inflamed.

The pain indicates an inflammation, or an infection.

You need a clinical examination and tests for precise diagnosis.
Alternatively it can be an abscess in the early stage.

Your doctor may drain it or perform surgery to remove it.
Surgical removal may be done if the lump is especially painful or problematic.

This should not be left ignored.
I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for clinical evaluation and get it managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards