dr abid
dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  I have completed my training in Internal Medicine with sufficent experience to handle variety of patients having skin problem
16766337

Very dry skin, scratching all the time, what. Is remedy?

Customer Question

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dr abid replied 10 months ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 10 months ago.

If you have already tried all remides , and still you have dry itchy skin than at this stage it would be ideal for you to start with

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, such as fluoxetine that may help reduce various types of skin itching.

Finally , Phototherapy is final option that involves exposing your skin to certain wavelengths of ultraviolet light. Multiple sessions are usually scheduled until the itching is under control.

This will help to overcome your skin issue .

Consult your skin dr for such treatment please .

Thank you .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”