Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Is the glans of the penis seem to have any abnormalities or

Customer Question
is this a normal colour....
Is the glans of the penis seem to have any abnormalities or is this a normal colour.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
9/21/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

can you upload a clear jpg photo of the area you are worried about?

do you see the "add file" link where you can upload a photo?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
People tell me it's normal but I'm unsure

yes, the head of the penis skin there looks 100% normal

you don't have to worry.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that redness is normal. I find if I get a boner or I masturbate it will sometimes get a little scaly if the foreskin is rolled back and exposed to the air.

that is normal.

make sure pull back the foreskin and wash daily with soap and water

you may benefit from a bit of lubricant like KY jelly if you are masturbating with your foreskin rolled back to keep the head of the penis moist.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that reddish look is completely normal and it doesn't look like any abnormalities are present? Like balanitis or anything?

yes, that reddish area is 100% normal

doesn't look like any abnormalities.

no balantis

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much Doctor!

you are welcome

please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a question I shave my bum the odd time and two and a half days ago I shaved my bum. Does this look like shaver rash. It doesn't hurt or anything just the bumps are present.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've had had this before usually from what I recall is after shaving. They never puss and feel skin like.

she it looks like a shavers rash.

you may have to change your razor blade

make sure you wash with soap and water daily

if it doesn't get better, you should see a doctor and see if you need a course of antibiotics.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi doctor is his red dot normal. It's not itchy or anything. If so what are the causes of its appearance?

yes, it is normal

it is most likely due to a blocked skin pore or dermatitis

it is not an STD.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will it go Away within the next couple of days?

yes, it will go away in the next few days.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks dr for all the great information you provide! Well appreciated!

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doctor I got a quick question. When doing a urine sample does "first catch" mean you start urination into the container first.

doing a urine sample,

it should be a clean catch.

which is getting urine in the middle of your urine stream.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was reading that Naat testing, specifically for chlamydia and gonnorreh is a first catch for male. They stare that first catch or the beginning of the urine stream has the highest sensitivity for the test for those bacterial infections
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also it was recommend at the clinic to pee in the cup then afterwards realize the wrest
Of the urine in the toilet. That does not sound like midstream
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Release sorry

it means you urinate into the container first for a first catch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay makes sense. It recommended that naat testing wants a first catch for that specific test

yes, that is what first catch means

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a question. Me and my girlfriend after having sexual intercourse I experience at times a reddish type mark in different areas, but usually one. It's not raised, nor itchy and it appears immoderately after sex then goes away within a Day or so. Is this due to friction? I had sex last night with a condom and when we had finished I noticed it appeared again on the head. Is this due to friction. I read that it is caused by friction and if happens often may be due to being low in vitamin k?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
34;Immediately after sex"

it sounds like it is due to friction.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why is it so sensitive though. I haven't really had this before unless I have and I'm just looking to much. I don't think it's yeast related because my girlfriend does not complain about being itchy or anything and second of all I always clean after sex and dry with a hair dryer since I am uncircumcised. It's immediately present after pulling out.

the penis is a sensitive place and can be sensitive after sex.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician