Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I've got a bump on my testicle, No I have not.. I don't take

Customer Question
I've got a bump on...
I've got a bump on my testicle
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I have not.. I don't take any medications
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Just that I am sexually active
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
9/18/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

is this a lump on one testicle or do you feel it on both sides?

is it hard or soft?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Red bump...hard

it could be an infected skin cyst or an in grown hair follicle on the skin which is causing a red hard lump.

you can try using warm compresses on the area which can help with infected or ingrown hair follicles sometimes.

it sounds like if it is red, it may be a lump on your scrotum skin and not a lump on the testicle inside of the scrotum.

if it gets worse, you may need to see a doctor and get on a course of antibiotics.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's on the outer skin

yes, it sounded like it was on the skin.

this doesn't sound like a lump on the testicle

try the warm towels or warm compresses on the area

if it gets worse, see a doctor and see if you need a course of antibiotics.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician