Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

On the tip of my nose, there is a red, bumpy, spongy spot.

Customer Question

On the tip of my nose, there is a red, bumpy, spongy spot. All of the rash seems to be under the surface of the skin. I have been treating it with antibiotic ointment for 3 days yet it still seems to be growing. I have a photo if you would like one. ( The close up photo of my nose leads me to ask about treating blackheads.) I welcome your input.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Please attach a photo here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here are two photos.

This looks like an inflammatory patch. I would recommend you to apply hydrocortisone 1 % ointment it would relieve inflammation and redness.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Dr. I'll try hydrocortisone. But what is an inflammatory patch? I tried to google it. Have a link?

It is not a specific disease just a nonspecific symptom can be due to irritation or allergic reaction causing inflammation of the skin.

Wish you good health.