Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have been having a problem with my fingernails breaking.

Customer Question
As soon as they get...
I have been having a problem with my fingernails breaking. As soon as they get to be a little long, they suddenly break off to the tip of the finger and sometimes so short that it actually hurts. I think it could probably be lack of a certain vitamin. Could you help?
Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
9/14/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it is probably a lack of protein in your diet.

you may need to eat more protein

are your kidneys working well? you need go functioning kidneys and to drink more water to eat more protein.

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist