Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Is perianal lump contagious?

Customer Question
Is perianal lump contagious?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
9/11/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. SH, Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Depends on what the cause of the lump is.

If it is anal warts, yes it can be contagious.

If it is a painful lump indicating an infection of the glands under the skin then it may be contagious if someone comes in direct contact with it.

If it is any other lump that is not caused by a bacteria or a virus then it is not contagious.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I f**ked someone with penianal lump, how can I now prevent myself from getting anything on my penis? Pls read the letter given by the doctor and advice me. Thank you.

Thank you for your response.

I am very sorry for my late response.

This lump seems VERY UNLIKELY to be contagious.

This does not seem likely to be any STD.

I would not worry.

Kindest regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician