Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a strange dry place on my nose last night and it grew

Customer Question
to be closer to my...
I have a strange dry place on my nose last night and it grew to be closer to my eye. Broken, dry, very very red. Not too much swelling and seems to topical but nose just exploded overnight and is really hurting. It is also going down my chin. I have pictures.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
9/10/2016
Dermatologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Do you have any itching on this patch/dry place on nose?

Yes,please attach the picture.It will be helpful.

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure if that is ok. Not good at selfie.

Dear customer

I am sorry but I have not received your photo.

Please see this link to share picture-

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Are you getting any difficulty in uploading the picture?

Please use the "clip" icon to attach the picture.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for staying online,

The symptoms you have described of having dry place on nose that has spread closer t your eye & upto the chin,is broken,dry & very very red is suggestive of a condition of skin disease known as urticaria.

A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish & other symptoms. Other possibilities can be auto immune disease,psoriasis.

You need following tests:

-Elimination-type tests

-Radioallergosorbent test (RAST)

-Skin biopsy

-Antinuclear antibody(ANA) tests

As part of treatment,following will help you greatly:

• Take tablet benadryl once a day.
  • Apply cream containing hydrocortisone.
  • If the area is large then apply Calamine lotion.This will reduce the redness &other symptoms.
  • .All these medications are available at your counter without any prescription. & will help you greatly.

So my best advise for you is to make an appointment with your doctor to have these above tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Till then take the above described medications.It will provide you great relief.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't conntact or connect. Cannot send pictures off my phone. This site is difficult and not going to spend another $ 50 dollars for nothing. $90. For nothing. No. I have had a majority strange rash/ feels so painfully, and it came in one night. No changes in diet, have been really sick for days, my is breaking out in abrasions and painful scaring. Lips, nose eyes, straight my face. It happened with 24 hours and continues to grow. Should I get aids testing? I have not been around aids. But how can something like this happen within a day???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No response? I appreciate your service

Dear customer

Please wait for the detailed answer.It may take upto 1-3 minutes.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Dear customer

I am sorry that you were not able to attach the picture here.

As the symptoms occur suddenly over a night,this further supports the diagnosis of hypersensitivity reaction.Although there is no changes in diet,your symptoms having breaking out in abrasions & painful scarring on lips,nose,eye,you need anti histamine treatment for this.

No this not a symptom of AIDS or anything serious or dangerous.You need to have blood tests to find out the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Radioallergosorbent test (RAST) is a blood test done to see whether there is true allergic reaction.Mast cells are the cells in the skin and mucous membranes that contain histamine. Release of histamine causes these symptoms.

So bot***** *****ne is I advise you to make an appointment with your skin doctor & accordingly you will have blood tests & treatments.Till then please take the above described medications.All these medications are available at your counter without any prescription. & will help you greatly.

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going. Have you applied hydrocortisone cream? How is your dry patch/place on nose now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if

you still have any questions regarding strange place/patch on nose, please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor