How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Subbanna MD Your Own Question
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 5368
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Subbanna MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about skin color. I was born perfectly

Customer Question

I have a question about skin color. I was born perfectly normal and had even light skin color all my life until this year. My right arm and upper right chest and upper right back have become significantly darker than the sorrounding area. My right nipple has become inflamed and larger than my left nipple. Please tell me what this is and I'm hoping for a cure because this condition is ruining my life emotionally.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 10 months ago.

Hi John, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical/skin conditions including the concerns of “change in skin color & the other new symptoms” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

The types of symptoms you are having require a proper examination in the clinic followed by certain relevant investigations too

What you are having is one sided several symptoms, including the skin color change, inflamed right nipple which is now larger in size compared to the left side too, all these new changes indicate there may be some kind of inflammation or infectious processes going on. There could be certain kind of endocrine problems too to explain these new symptoms. Trying the over the counter treatments is not going to help for this health situations, you need a thorough examination of the affected areas in the clinic and also certain relevant investigations which will help us in finding out the precise cause of your new symptoms and then treated appropriately.

And please see these type of new symptoms you are having do not automatically mean there is an underlying serious condition, in fact on many occasions these type of symptoms are related to some benign non-serious conditions which can be treated & cured, however considering that a firm final diagnosis has still not made accordingly you may please try to see your clinic doctors so that you can receive a thorough clinical evaluation/clinical examination and also certain relevant investigations too and once final precise diagnosis is made it will be treated appropriately. An early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see your clinic doctors and get this investigated as soon as possible.

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 10 months ago.

Hi John, Please go through the answer posted above when your time permits and please let me know if you have any further questions or if you want to discuss this further. Best regards!