DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have a rash on my arms, stomach, legs and belly and a

Customer Question

I have a rash on my arms, stomach, legs and belly and a couple random bumps else where. I wake up with a faint rash it gets worse for the first couple hours with some itching, then the rash seems to disappear during the day but returns at night accompanied by more severe itching. Some of the areas, such as my stomach become welt like after scratching.
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: About 4-5 days. No vomiting or naseau but some decrease in appetite. I just returned from vacation in disney world and it appeared a day or two after.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No meds or other diagnoses. Tend to have anxiety, but have all my life.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DermDoc replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include Dermatitis,Scabies,Urticaria

You should try some self care measures like

Take OTC Motrin and Zyrtec.

Also cool water bath can be helpful.

Apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with Bacitracin ointment on affected area.

You should wear loose fitted cotton clothes to prevent friction.

Avoid scratching.

Change your bed sheet, towel and wash them in a disinfectant.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Start a multi-vitamin supplement to boost your immunity.

Also it can be contagious so avoid sharing and direct contact with your family members.

If your symptoms'll not improve or get worse over the time then see your doctor or dermatologist for a clinical examination to rule out underlying possible causes and get treatment accordingly.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I wondered about scabies, but to my understanding the rash does not come and go, is that not the case?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also, I have been going through my grandmother's estate and she has a lot of costume jewelry I have been sorting. I often develop rashes from wearing certain jewelry. Is it possible that one of the metals is the cause, possibly nickel. I ruled this out because I only touch it with my hands, but is it possible to spread it by touching other areas?
Expert:  DermDoc replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

As your itching and rash get worse at night so it suggests the possibility of Scabies.

Nickel allergy due to wearing certain jewelry could be localized and not spread to other areas.

It could be something you got from direct contact with an infected person at disney world.

You should try such self care measures and see if they provide you relief.

Otherwise see your doctor for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.