Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a question about a topical solution used for genital

Customer Question
Hello, I have a question...
Hello, I have a question about a topical solution used for genital warts. The solution is called Podofilox it says to apply three days on take four days off for no more than 4 weeks. My genital warts have not gone away however they have gotten smaller. I have taken a three week break after the 4 week cycle and was wondering if another attempt at the 4 week cycle will make the warts go away?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, however i am in italy for 2 years and it is pretty difficult as an american to get treated for anything short of an emergency visit.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no not at all
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
8/26/2016
Dermatologist: DermDoc, Doctor replied 1 year ago
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Based on what you mentioned,you may use podofilox again ,apply twice daily for 3 consecutive days, then discontinue for 4 consecutive days.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thanks, ***** ***** this medication needs to make it on safe sex posters "If you get warts you will have to endure this!" One moment of weakness in Belarus and now this.Will there be marks left over after the medication that go away after relative amount of time, I just do not want to mistake warts for after treatment marks.

Treatment may leave scars.

But over time they may not be much noticeable.

If you are unsure between after treatment scar and small wart you may not try more than 1 week cycle.It can cause irritation on normal skin.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

DermDoc
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor