Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have taken accutane a few times due to chronic hereditary

Customer Question
acne that ive delt with...
i have taken accutane a few times due to chronic hereditary acne that ive delt with since childhood its bin a few years since i have taken the medication. i have religiously used facial alcholhal acne cream and those blue oil papers but the ace is making its way back id like to nip it in the butt before it causes further damage or scarring. im in a good financial situation where i can pay for the medication in cash how do i go about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
8/25/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

The only way recommended to be prescribed isotretinoin is to consult your local dermatologist. A dermatologist may prescribe this medication when indicated. If your local dermatologist does not prescribe this medication then you may ask him/her for referral to a dermatologist that does prescribe isotretinoin. This medication should only be taken under the care of a dermatologist. Please do not buy the fake accutane available online since they may be harmful.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if the condition is mild at the moment but a future issue to come because of my history would they prescribe it in that scenario?

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

In view of you past history, even if mild at present the medication may be prescribed.

Take care.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you work in the dallas fort worth area
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor