How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dr abid Your Own Question
dr abid
dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 5985
Experience:  I have completed my training in Internal Medicine with sufficent experience to handle variety of patients having skin problem
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dr abid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have flat spots under my pubic hair around the pubic bone

Customer Question

i have flat brown spots under my pubic hair around the pubic bone that were not there before
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: i dont know what they are
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i do not have any STD's i was tested very recently, i have not been sexually active in over 3 years, i do have a low strain of HPV but they look nothing like genital warts and are nowhere near the vaginal area.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...Thank you for the question ....

Will it be suitable for you to upload pic or I just tell you the possibilities.

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot upload a picture anytime soon and I would like to get a response as soon as possible. I can't compare it to anything I see online because they look like birthmarks but they just appeared.
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for info ...

As they appeared now , and definitely birthmarks are present by birth .

This could be genital warts , as more than 100 different forms of this virus exist , so not necessary that this exactly appear as typical infection .

I will suggest you to have blood test for HPV.

Regards .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Are you there ...