Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a raised area in my genital area. It does not itch or

Customer Question
bother me , is this...
I have a raised area in my genital area. It does not itch or bother me , is this something I should worry about or its nothing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please see image I have attached
7/31/2016
Dermatologist: DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath replied 1 year ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath

Hi

Welcome to just answer.

I am a double board certified US doctor and will help you with this question.

This can be a wart, but really looks like a common nevus. Harmless.

Have your doctor do a magnified exam to confirm.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What kind of wart? Is this soemthing I should be wooried about ?

Benign wart.

Actually, it looks like a benign nevus.

No harm at all.

Show it to your doctor.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To confirm. Nothing related to HPV correct ?

That is why you need a magnified exam.

All warts are HPV, even benign ones.

This looks more like a benign nevus.

As I said.

But we can not diagnose on line.

That is for your doc.

That is to be safe: we can not use a magnifying device from this end.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath