Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have darker skin discoloration (just noticed about 2 mos.

Customer Question
ago) developing along jaw line...
I have darker skin discoloration (just noticed about 2 mos. ago) developing along jaw line on each side of face. Whats the problem?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: 2 mos
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Lots of medical issues, blood pressure, diabetes, tmj, arthritis, acid reflux, high cholestrol, asthma, need knees replaced, just had stress test done for heart
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/18/2016
Dermatologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you live in the North? South? Tropics? Islands etc?

What is your primary skin color?

Is this anywhere else on your body?

Can you upload a good, in focus, picture of the area as well as an area of normal skin tone?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I live in northern Indiana, Caucasian medium tone, no other discolorations anywhere, female, 65 yrs old

Thank you for that additional information.

Can you upload some pictures?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not happy with this long process and will never use a again

I really need some pictures to evaluate a pigmentation change of your skin. I am sure you can understand this....

You can email a photo to customer service if you are having problems uploading things here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know how to upload pics, some seniors don't know how.

Then your best bet is to see a dermatologist in person.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please refund my money since I didn't receive an answer and your demand for downloaded pics are beyond my capabilities
dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist