DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I noticed a small lump by my elbow today it doesn't hurt was

Customer Question

I noticed a small lump by my elbow today it doesn't hurt was wondering if I should have it checked
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: Not sure just noticed it today and it's kinda soft
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I did have skin cancer several years ago that got to the size of a half dollar which was remove by sugary on my upper leg
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It can be

a node

a lipoma [harmless fatty tumor]

a swollen bursa [usually on the back of the elbow].

Yes you need to have it examined for a diagnosis.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent, a 5, at the top of the page [3,4,5]—that’s how we are paid, per positive rating. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back.