Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Is there any reason I should keep old prescriptions that I

Customer Question

Is there any reason I should keep old prescriptions that I haven't finished? Mostly, I'm talking about topical cremes that have been prescribed for itching or blemishes.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question. Well if the conditions for which they were prescribed have been effectively treated then there is no reason to keep old prescriptions around. Infact if they were prescribed quite some time ago, it is possible that they may have expired and it would be wise to get rid of them now, dont use them. The only reason to keep them around would be if they were relatively new, say prescribed within the last couple of months or six, then you can keep them just in case the condition for which they were started flares up again otherwise there is no need.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.