How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, Medical doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a recurring red, shiny rash with small bumps.

Customer Question

I have a recurring red, shiny rash with small bumps. Sometimes they blister, sometimes they don't. They only have light itching when irritated or touched. Only sometimes i see little scabbing. Also, this the fourth time this rash has arised in the last 5 months. After the 2nd occurence I did a full panel test. All results came back negative. After the third occurrence i did a herpes 2 only test just to make sure it wasn't that. Results were negative. IgG blood tests.
I have no burning while urinating. This reoccurence now is the worst yet. Symtoms go away after a week or so.My job consists of working outside and in woods all day. 2 days before the first occurrence i shared an old bathroom towel to dry myself. Not sure if they are related. Ive had unprotected sex one time 12 months ago. I always use a condom.I am 20, 165lbs athletic build and very healthy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the photos here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Antifungal works to calm a little i believe. I just used antibiotic ointment and i think it inflamed it because its the worst yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea??
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't seem to be fungal infection. It could be just inflammation. You should try over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream. If it doesn't work, you should have a skin biopsy in the area.