Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a question about a rash/bumps that i have recently

Customer Question

I have a question about a rash/bumps that i have recently found on my gential area. So far these are the symptoms. Red bumps around the base of the shaft of my penis, non-clustering, sometimes have a white head like a pimple. Also singular bumps on my scrotum that are red and itchy. There is a light burning sensation which is more of a discomfort and sensitive to heat. There is redness but mostly because of itching. The sensation feels like razor burn which i do occasionally shave those areas, but not for a few days since ive had these conditions. Ive just noticed a very samll raised bump on my scrotum which is darker in color almost like a mole. Ive also had soreness around the tip of my penis but no visible redness or marks. Also slight discomfort when ejaculating and peeing.
Ive been sexual active and unprotected. All sexual partners claimed to have had recent std testing and i have as well which i was negative on the ones they checked for. Not including herpes. Once i figure out how to post a picture i will.
Thank you, ***** ***** nerve racking.
TJ
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pictures
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also havent been sick or any flu like symptoms.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

this could be from a skin fungal infection which can cause red bumps which are itchy

or a folliculitis infection of the hair follicles.

I see you shave down there.

do you have excessive sweating or moisture down there? this can lead to skin fungal infection.

you may need to use baby powder and antifungal powders to fight skin fungal infection

it doesn't look like an STD infection.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have excess sweating as its been rather muggy hear as of lately but i havent had this problem before. The major concern is this little bump that i just noticed, i tried to get a better picture but its very small. It looks somewhat like a wart and its itchy. What do you think?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

photos are small

looks like a skin tag

looks like you have a skin fungal infection

use an antifungal powder 2 times a day for 3-4 weeks.

I bet that will help

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yea the "skin tag" is very small, and wasn't there yesterday. When i researched Skin tag is said if its on the genitals it could be genital warts? Ill keep a close eye on it, what would i expect to happen if it was genital warts vs a skin tag?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

skin tags tend to be soft and fleshy looking.

genital warts tend to be hard and look like a small cauliflower under magnification.