Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I would just like to check what is the small tiny seed liked

Customer Question

Hello doc,
I would just like to check what is the small tiny seed liked feeling under my skin? I have one behind my back. It doesnt move around and its not painful. It felt like some pimple stucked in there but no matter how i squeeze it out it just wont come out. The tiny bump looks just like my own skin color.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am actually using my phone to access this website and i dont see an upload icon for me to post the image..
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Hmm okay - you would need customer care to help you there. If you cannot upload one at this time you can do so later at your convenience from a computer and I'd be happy to take a look.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe you can let me know what are the possible cause first? It is skin color if i leave it as it is but if i just squeeze a little it starts to turn a little pinkish. But its rather small.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

The commonest cause for this is a small skin cyst - which is sort of like a blind sac below the skin, this can be filled with either soft or hard material. Other causes are - small fibroma from an old zit/pimple, sebaceous hyperlasia, and tiny dermatofibromas from things like insect bite reactions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is common for the bump like thingy to stay there for 1 month or so?
Can I just leave it as it is?
Anything that I can do to clear it?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Yes all the conditions I mentioned can persist many months (and are harmless so can be left alone). You can try using 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel twice a day on the bump for a few weeks to see if that helps - this causes flaking of skin and can sometimes help. It is available over the counter without a prescription.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possible for me to upload a pic by tonight to confirm? Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Sure no problem. Kindly consider rating our interaction positively to enable me to get credit for my work with you. You can continue to follow up even after - the question stays open. Thank you.