DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I have several pimple like bump on the shaft of my penis,

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have several pimple like bump on the shaft of my penis, non irritable or painful, some look like just raised skin, again not painful. but have increased slightly in numbers
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: no changes in skin or nails. Been about 4 weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i did have a vitamin b12 deficiency and vitamin D deficiency too, in Nov 2015. Which i was prescribed tablets for D and shots for b12. At that time i did not have these
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. I am sorry but correspondence via email is not available.This chat is completely secure & we respect your privacy.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Is there any itching in these pimples?

Are these pimples red colored?

Can you attach a picture of it?

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

These sound exactly like fordyce spots. Harmless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordyce_spots

See if that is a match.

Let me know if not.

Please click a positive rating on top of the page.

Come back as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I send you pictures?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

HI

This is doctor Thomas again.

did you look at the link I sent you?

Did it match?

Pimples, warts and musculosum also would need to be ruled out.

You can attach them here.

Or you can have customer service send them to me directly.

[use the paper clip icon to attach.]

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here you go.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Look like warts.

Some what atypical.

Or musculosum.

Not typical fordyce.

I would take these to the doctors office.

Over the counter medicines will make them worse.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What could be the cause for these (warts)?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Warts are caused by a virus.

You can pick them up in the environement and from skin to skin contact with others.

Why some people get them and others not, is not clear

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I need to see a dermatologist or internal medicine Dr?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Either one is fine.

, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/