Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I've got what I thought was a boil on my bikini area. I

Customer Question

I've got what I thought was a boil on my bikini area. I tried mashing it Monday or Tuesday, and it wouldn't mash. I think I messed with it too much! Now the area is bigger redder, and harder, and so sore! It hurts to get up and down! Not sure what I should do.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: It just showed up Sunday I think. Nothing really makes it better. I tried a heating pad. It's ok once I get it on there. When I first put it on it hurts from touching it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Boil usually requires oral antibiotics and you need prescription for that but since it is weekend you can go to the ER if symptoms aggravate. For now you can apply bacitracin topical antibiotic thrice a day and take ibuprofen tablet along with hot compresses so that it can be drained. Do not hesitate to go to the ER if symptoms and size of the boil increases.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.