How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 18772
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have sores that have come up on my body. Mainly in the

Customer Question

I have sores that have come up on my body. Mainly in the crack area of my butt, but also, in my crotch, on my ball sack. These sores start out looking like a pimple, but they never come to a head. They are filled with fluid, and very sore to the touch. Is this a normal condition, or how should I do?? Hal Wasden
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you attach a picture of one of these sores, preferably a close-up picture or a high resolution image that will allow zooming?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

I had asked for a picture of these sores and have not heard back.

It is not a normal condition to have sores such as you describe. In this location, a fungal infection is most common, but your description sounds more like a bacterial infection, such as of hair follicles. If I could review a picture, then a better statement can be made.

At this point, you can try some home interventions with regular cleaning with soap and water followed by application of an over the counter topical antibiotic, such as Neosporin.

If you can attach a picture, then I would be glad to comment further.