How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Pravin Your Own Question
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2809
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Pravin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did a full Std test today for HIV syphillis gone rhea,

Customer Question

Hi I did a full Std test today for HIV syphillis gone rhea , clymydia etc because I had protected sex casually three weeks ago and now I have a bump under my pubic hair right off from my penis I'm not sure if it's an std like syphillis
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: Yes I've Been looking on th Internet very nervous
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Healthy 40 year old man don't have any health issues in a monogamous relationship first mistake
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Syphilis presents with an ulcer known as chancre on the shaft or glans of the penis and other associated symptoms like fever, discharge per urethra etc. Gonorrhea presents with pus discharge from the urethra, fever, urinary complaints etc. Chlamydia is silent in most cases however, can present with abnormal pain during urination and sexual intercourse, fever, abdominal pain and urinary urgency etc.

For other STDs like HIV, blood tests are required to confirm infection. Since, you had protected intercourse and show no signs of an STD other than a bump, I think you will be safe. However, you've had a panel for STDs which is good and is best to be proactive too.

You should not jump to any conclusions before your Doctor does. However, to answer your query, Syphilis will not present with just a bump at that site.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.


Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

I am a Dermatologist by profession and I would be in a better position to help you in your query. Would you like me to help or answer further ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Can you send me a photo of the bump so I can advise you on what it may be ?