How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 5205
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been worried about a bump on my penis. Its just about

Customer Question

Hi, I've been worried about a bump on my penis. Its just about gone but it itched but wasn't painful at all. I have excema so I was wondering if its just that or some type of std like herpes. I didn't have any blisters filled with liquid of any sort but I'm still concerned. Can u help me out?
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: Yes it is
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: There is a small lump on the side of the shaft but I thought it might have been from rough sex
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.


Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Do you have history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?

Has this bump appeared after sex?

Burning urination or any other symptoms?

Can you please share picture.


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.


I can see that you are online, so i am posting my answer.

Well, from the description it sounds to be Folliculitis.

It arise from Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands and occur due to the fact that hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus.

It is not related with STD or any other serious issue.

Yes, rough sex, can lead to such bump. This is not related with STD. Don't worry.

No need to get panic.

You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain.

You can try over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream to affected area.

You should gently wash the infected skin twice a day with antibacterial soap or apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment.

You can use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.

Usually such symptoms will get resolve in a week by these tips.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards