Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have had a spot which I thought was eczema about half a

Customer Question
centimeter below my armpit on...
I have had a spot which I thought was eczema about half a centimeter below my armpit on the side of my torso before Breast tissue starts. It has been there for many years. Recently I noticed that it's a bit hollow like there is a small dent in it. It's just a small red single spot which I thought was eczema or some random skin thing as it has been there for over 10 years. Is it normal to have a small indentation in the middle of a red patch? Otherwise I am terrified that it's something malignant :(
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
6/8/2016
Dermatologist: dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 1 year ago
dr abid
dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hi there ..

Thank you for the question ...

This is not normal , red skin with dent in it need evaluation .

It would be ideal for you to have Mammography yo rule out breast Lump .

You shouldn't delay please get it done as early as possible .

Lump is likely , its nature benign or malignant depends after diagnosis , so please proceed as I advised you .

Good luck .

Please rate as good service from side bar .

Thanks .

Are you there ...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not on the Breast it's on the Torso it's sort of more towards the side of the torso directly below arm pit. It has been there for at least 10 years I just noticed a dent in it recently. Just a small red spot

Ok than nothing to worry , if you have this since long than small dent is of no issue , as this is not the location for breats cancer , small dent could be because of underlying fibrotic changes .

I think this is not worrying .

Regards .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I attached a few pictures I don't know if u can see them

Thank you for uploading pics ...

Please wait ..

It would be ideal for you to have examination , as this by look is not normal , so possibility of underlying skin issue should be ruled out , this is least likely a breast issue , this is issue of skin of respective area , that need evaluation .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What could it be? Any ideas?

It could be underlying skin vessel issue or some form of mole .

Regards .

dr abid
dr abid