Thank you for the quick reply & uploading the pictures.
Yes,the symptoms you have described & the three pictures you have send is most likely suggestive of insect bite when you kneel down in high grass in an abandoned property.
You got the itching for about one hour after you stood up & was red for most of the day & now there is bruise & slight tenderness.These are symptoms of insect bite.
In most of the cases,insect bites can be easily treated at home. Following will help you greatly:
- Wash the site thoroughly with soap and water.
- Place ice (wrapped in a washcloth) on the site of the sting for 10 minutes and then off for 10 minutes.
- Over the next several days, watch for signs of infection (such as increasing redness, swelling, or pain).
- Take tablet benadryl (anti allergic) once a day.
- Apply cream containing hydrocortisone over the area.
- Take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen 400mg from your counter.It will reduce the swelling.
All these medications are available as OTC at your counter without any prescription.If this doesn't help in 24-48 hours after this treatment or the symptoms aggravates then you need to see your doctor & accordingly antibiotics may be prescribed if the infection is confirmed.
There does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets cleared with these above described treatment.Keep an eye of observation.
Hope this helped
Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.