How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 8770
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 28 yr old female.. On my inner thigh/groin area I have

Customer Question

Hi! I'm 28 yr old female.. On my inner thigh/groin area I have developed spots, they are just a darker pigmentation than my normal color. They are not raised, and they do not irritate me. One appeared about a year ago and since more have slowly showed up. Any insight is appreciated!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Can you please attach a picture or two here for me to have a look at and to be able to give you a better opinion.
Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, considering the area that's the best I can get. Hope it helps! Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should mention, I had a baby in September of 2014, one spot was there, and I asked my Obgyn about it, but she brushed it off and said its nothing to worry about
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response.

Can you please get me a few more pictures with better lighting, some a little more zoomed in and some with better lighting.

I would appreciate that.

Thank you

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I will answer your question now based on the image that you have provided.

You are most likely having what is called as Tinea versicolor.

This is a fungal infection of the skin and forms oval or round patches on the skin like what you are having at the moment.

This can be simply treated with over-the-counter topical applications like monistat skin cream applied two to three times a day for five to seven days.

Fungal infections of the skin happen very commonly in people who sweat a lot and tend to happen more commonly in Summer season as fungi love to grow on moist skin.

It is something very common and nothing to worry about.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards